Java Performance Optimization
Java performance optimization will make your product competitive
Optimization can be done for any part of the project. In this particular service we are talking about Java backend performance optimization.
Nevertheless, this service can be rendered for other components and technologies as well (let’s say, Java performance optimization).
In particular, you can optimize the code, SQL queries, the database (you can read more about it here), the configuration settings (for example, the indexes or the parameters such as memory and CPU time can be set incorrectly and thus need to be optimized).
Optimization is done for already existing applications. Often as the load increases, a system performance decreases. Therefore, it will require some tuning to stay competitive, and this is where Java performance optimization solutions are going to help.
As it was mentioned above, not only code is subject to optimization. Data structure (hashmap) can be optimized as well. Updating the framework or CMS, enterpreter and/or the compiler version, and checking the site for links to no longer existing pages can also help optimize your app. For more information, check these tips on how to eliminate your software performance issues.Optimization milestones
What should you know to understand our performance optimization Java services better? Performance optimization as a process has certain milestones. Let's look through them.
- Getting performance testing metrics You can get these metrics from your customer. Alternatively, you can hold the testing process yourself.
- High level architecture analysis High level architecture shows a how computer simulation (a system behavior reproduction) interacts with another computer simulations.
- Analysis of the tools used to resolve the task On this stage the analysis of frameworks, libraries, and other tools used is held.
- Code analysis with the focus on use cases If a use case (in particular, the operations from it) is reproduced rarely, there is no need to optimize this part. However, you will need to define more common use cases.
- Technology analysis with the focus on use cases Here you need to define whether the chosen technology is a good fit based on the use cases. For instance, the most common use case (95%) is data recording while 5% is key-based reading. In this case using relational database won't be an optimal solution. Cassandra would be the best fit as long as it focuses on recording. Incorrect database choice can cost 100% performance loss. We choose the appropriate solution on the architecture stage, or find it while rendering performance optimization Java services anyway.
- Defining tasks for optimization From time to time we hold events during which we give the services from the milestones mentioned above for free. Please get in touch with us via the contact form to ask if such an event is active.
- Performance optimization itself
This is a paid service. We are glad to offer Java performance optimization solutions that will certainly assist with your application tuning.
There are two types of optimization:
- All tasks/modules optimization;
- Partial optimization (prototyping the solutions from the most challenging modules).
- Performance testing This stage is repeated to measure the performance optimization results.
If your solution needs tuning, don't hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help you with backend performance optimization in Java (as well as in any other programming language).
UAV and Navigation Systems Company
The system is a solution of a global leading provider of advanced location-based solutions (positioning systems). The system has 50000-150000 daily number of queries with support of complex search results exceeding...
Java Prognostic Solution
Cassantec is an industry-leading provider of a SaaS-solution that uses unique mathematical algorithms to forecast equipment malfunctions. This allows businesses (nuclear power, fossil power, railways, etc.) to make timely decisions to repair or replace equipment depending on forecast results and save millions...
Database related tools
JNetDirect is an innovative leader in software products for improving our customer's clients connectivity, integration, management and security to their data resources. Over 4000 companies worldwide rely on JNetDirect software to provide critical...